Holistic And Real World Advice For Today's Mama

Homemade Organic Veggie Pizza Recipe

| On
8:06:00 AM

I'll admit, pizza is my weakness. I love me some good pizza! But it's not always easy to find pizza made with high quality ingredients and that isn't dripping with grease. I have an even bigger challenge right now because my son has a sensitivity to cow's milk protein, and since I am breastfeeding I can not eat any cow dairy. I can however, eat goat's milk dairy since he does just fine with that, and since there aren't any pizza places where I live that use goat cheese, I haven't had pizza in a while! I have really been craving it lately so I decided to make my own homemade, organic pizza with goat milk mozzarella and let me tell you, it was soooo good! And the best part is, you can mix it up by using different toppings each time you make it.

Homemade Organic Veggie Pizza Recipe:

Ingredients For Dough~
  • 1 cup warm water
  • 1 tbsp organic cane sugar
  • 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 1/4 tbsp active dry yeast
  • 2 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour
  • 1 tsp sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
Ingredients for pizza sauce~
  • 1 - 6oz can organic tomato paste
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt or pink Himalayan salt (to taste)
  • 1/2 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp organic cane sugar
Toppings~ (This is what I used but you can add whatever toppings you like!)
  • 1 crown of broccoli cut into bite sized pieces
  • 8-10 stalks of asparagus, cut into bite sized pieces
  • 1/2 can artichoke hearts, quartered
  • organic goat milk mozzarella
Instructions~
  1. Pour water and yeast into a mixing bowl and whisk together then let stand for about 5 minutes or until the yeast is foamy/puffy. Then slowly mix in the olive oil and sugar.
  2. In a separate bowl, combine flour and salt and blend well. Then slowly pour in the above mixture and mix slowly until it reaches a doughy consistency.
  3. Place the dough onto a well floured surface and knead by hand until it is a well formed ball.
  4. Cut the dough in half.
  5. On the same floured surface, roll each ball of dough into a 12 inch round, and about 1.4 an inch thick. 
  6. Grease a baking sheet with olive oil and transfer the dough to the baking sheet and set aside.
  7. To make the sauce, mix tomato paste, garlic powder, sugar, oregano, and salt in a bowl. Slowly add water while stirring until desired consistency is reached (approx 6 tbsp)
  8. Place 2-3 tbsp or desired amount of pizza sauce onto the rounds and spread evenly with the back of the spoon.
  9. Evenly distribute the cheese and  toppings.
  10. Bake pizzas at 500 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is completely melted. 
  11. Remove from oven, let cool for a few minutes, and slice pizza into desired amount of slices. 
4 comments on "Homemade Organic Veggie Pizza Recipe"
  1. That pizza looks so good! I can't wait to try it, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meghan! I look forward to hearing what you think if you try it!

      Delete
  2. Looks delicious!! I'm a huge fan of pizza! We have it once a week, but I never add cheese :) My base recipe it roasted veg (done in an air fryer) and caramelised onion... bliss..!

    ReplyDelete